ELOQUA SINCH ONBOARDING
How to set up and begin using the Eloqua Sinch app
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
Before using the Eloqua Sinch app for SMS / MMS messaging, some setup steps need to be completed. Follow this document for instructions on how to get started.
SINCH ACCOUNT CONFIGURATION
Refer to existing documentation here for Sinch account setup details.
Sureshot will create an organization for you in our Incindio platform and invite your key users to login to the platform. Once added, users should access Incindio and add the Eloqua credentials under the Platform section that will be used for the integration. It is suggested that an Eloqua account that is not tied to an individual and does not expire is used.
Sureshot will send your team an installation link. An Eloqua user should run the installation. At this point, an Eloqua user should add the Sinch app to an Eloqua Campaign or Program and save it to ensure everything is installed correctly.
Sinch authorization in Incindio
A Sureshot team member will need the Access Keys from your Sinch account to complete this step. From the Incindio dashboard, select the Sinch application and choose Authentication (user must have added the app to a campaign/program first).
Enter the following information from the customer’s Sinch account:
- Project ID
- App ID
- Access Key ID
- Access Key Secret
Auto Replies for your organization can be configured from the Incindio dashboard under Global Configuration. Keyword auto replies can be set up as well as Default auto replies when no keyword response is received. Users can also configure a Header and Footer that will be included on the original outbound message if desired.
Setup a single auto reply configuration for your organization. Auto replies support keywords with custom SMS responses.
- Login to Incindio (app.incindio.com)
- If you need access to Incindio, send a request to email@example.com
- Click on the Sinch app from the dashboard to expand the section
- Click Global Configuration
- Set up a default auto reply (if desired). If no matching keywords are found in the contact’s response, this is the message they will receive.
Add Keyword auto responses
- Enter a keyword value. Keywords are not case sensitive.
- If you want the keyword to function as a Wildcard, check the Wildcard box. If any of their reply contains that word, the associated auto reply will be sent.
- Enter a Keyword Auto Response Message. This is the message that the user will receive if they sent a message containing the keyword.
- Click Save Response
- Repeat this until all keywords and their associated auto replies have been entered.
- Make sure keywords are in the order of priority that is desired. If a keyword is not found in the first line shown, it will move to the next keyword until a keyword is met. If no keywords are met, the Default auto response will be sent (if set up).
To ensure security when receiving webhook information, provide a value in the Secret field in the Authentication section in Incindio. Add that same value to the webhook configuration in Sinch.
Custom Object creation
Custom Objects are used to store outbound messages, delivery confirmation and inbound replies (along with auto replies if set up). The CDO must be created in advance with the fields to capture the following information before the app can be fully configured for use:
- Configuration Name
- Accepted Time (time Sinch accepted the event)
- Message Title (used for MMS only)
- Message Body
- Media URL (used for MMS only)
- Recipient Number (contact’s mobile number (identity), Sinch number for inbound replies)
- Sender Number
- Message ID (unique Sinch ID for messages)
- Status (delivery status)
- Error status (details if record errors)
The Sinch application can be configured in either Campaigns or Programs. Follow Sinch guidelines for MMS limitations.
Add the Sinch step to any Campaign or Program
Double click to configure. Add any Scheduling or Error routing as desired.
Click the pencil icon to Edit the configuration and setup messaging details.
On the CONFIG step, provide the following information:
- Provide a Name for the configuration (if support is ever needed on any messaging campaigns/programs, provide this value so it can be easily found by our support team)
- Select the Eloqua creds that have been added for your organization in the Incindio platform. See details here for adding Eloqua credentials if they don’t already exist.
- Select your message type - SMS or MMS
- Enter the Sinch sender number (short code or long code)
- Enter the message Title (MMS only)
- Enter your Message Body. To use merge fields, place the cursor where you want the merge field to be used and select a merge field from the drop down below the message body field.
- Enter a Media URL (MMS only). URL must be publicly accessible and must meet Sinch guidelines for media requirements.
Click Next to go to the next step.
- Auto Responses are setup on the Sureshot Incindio platform and are used for all Sinch messages being sent from our application in Eloqua.
- See details here to setup Auto Replies
Click Next to go to the next step.
Map Contact fields to be used when sending messages.
- Phone Number: select where on the Contact the Mobile number exists
- Country Code: select where on the Contact the Country Code exists
- Opt Out: select which field contains the SMS Opt Out selection (field should be a true/false field. If true, the contact will not be sent any messages.
- Eloqua Custom Object: select which Custom Object will be used to store message details (messages sent, message status)
- A CDO must be created in advance with the fields shown on this step (Email, Accepted Time., Title, Message Body, etc.)
- Click Submit to save the configuration