The Bit.ly Clicks Application will allow the user to:
- Log Bit.ly Clicks in a CDO
- Track Bit.ly links sent via the Twilio SMS App
This Guide will outline:
- How to configure Eloqua to receive Bit.ly information
- How to link the Twilio: SMS App to a configuration
- How to create and map a new configuration using the Sureshot App
- For details on creating a Bit.ly account and generating an access token Click Here
Configure Eloqua to Receive Bit.ly Information
The Bit.ly Clicks Application will return data to the Eloqua Custom Object. This must be created before using the app.
Creating an Eloqua CDO for Bit.ly
- Open Eloqua
- Click the Contacts Menu and select "Custom Object"
- Click Custom Object
- Click New Custom Object
- In the "Display Name Field'' enter 'Twilio Lookup Results'. Other fields should appear as follows
- Click Next
- In the top right click "Custom Object Record Fields"
- Click "Add New Field"
- For "Field Name" enter 'Bitly Contact ID'. Configure the following fields as follows:
- Click Save
- Repeat steps 7-9 to create the following fields
- Bitly URL
- Bitly URL
- Click Next at the bottom right
- Click Next again
Click Save. The new Twilio Custom Object should appear as follows
Configuring the Bit.ly Click Application
- Login to the Sureshot portal at app.incindio.com
- Select the application "Bitly Clicks"
Note: If the application is not visible in the dashboard the user may add it by clicking "Add Integrations" in the top right.
- Click Create new
- Add a name to the new configuration. This will be an internal field used for organization.
- Chose the set of Eloqua credentials the application will use to access Eloqua.
- Copy in the Bit.ly Access Token Generated by the users account
Note: For details on creating a Bit.ly account and generating an access token Click Here
- Click next to move to the next page
- Select the CDO in Eloqua that will receive the bit.ly data. This section will allow the user to map which fields receive the corresponding data.
- Map the remaining fields to their corresponding CDO field
- Click "Submit" the save the configuration
A green Success box will appear to confirm submission
Connecting a Twilio Configuration to the Bit.ly Clicks Application
- Navigate to the Twilio Configuration being used to send bit.ly links.
- Locate the section "Bit.ly Tracking" at the bottom of the first page
- Select the recently created configuration that should track links sent by this Twilio configuration
Viewing Data in the Eloqua CDO
Each new click on a Bit.ly link associated with this specified bit.ly account will be logged as a new Custom Object Record in Eloqua. The data will be displayed as follows