Sinch MMS Messaging powered by Sureshot
The Sinch MMS app can be added to any Responsys Program. To add and configure the application, take the following steps:
1. Drag and drop the Apps icon to the desired location in your workflow
2. Double click the Apps step and select the “Sinch MMS Messaging” option
3. Select to Configure App
4. Add a name to your Message configuration (this helps identify your messaging campaigns over time)
5. The configuration allows for the following input: Title, Message Body, Media. The Message Body can also be personalized using data from Profile Lists or Profile Extension Tables (PET)
Title: Enter the title you wish to be displayed as the first text line in the message that the user receives.
Message Body: Enter the message body for the MMS message.
Merge Fields: The message body allows the user to select Merge Fields from Responsys data tables which allows for greater personalization to your messages on a recipient by recipient basis.
Fields from either the Responsys Profile List or the Profile Extension Tables (PET) can be used as Merge Fields. Available field names can be seen in the Merge Field drop down. If the field is coming from a PET table, the field name will be prefixed with the PET name.
Clicking a field name, will result in the token for that field being added to the message body.
From Phone Number: add your assigned Sender Number (i.e. short code) to this field. All messages will be sent using this number.
Media: Add the desired media to your MMS message. Media can be content selected from Responsys or a manually entered URL
Browse: allows users to search for content in the Responsys Content Library
Provide Responsys Hosted Content Link: Users can also paste in a URL from content found in Responsys Hosted Content
Other Public URL: Alternatively, you can paste the URL of any publicly available media into the Media field.
6. Save the configuration once all input has been provided
7. Once the Program has been activated, Contacts that flow through the program will be sent the configured message as an MMS message.
Viewing the Responsys Usage Dashboard
MMS usage metrics can be viewed in the Responsys interactive dashboards. To view metrics for programs that are utilizing the Sinch MMS Messaging app, follow the instructions provided here.