Beginning 8/1/2021 additional error functionality will be added to the Twilio SMS Cloud Action step in Eloqua.
Additional Error Notifications
The application will now error contacts and hold them in the cloud action step when there is an error preventing an SMS message from being rendered for a record, or if an API Service is unavailable. This will better notify Eloqua users if an app failure prevented an SMS from being sent, and allow you to leverage Eloqua's native error routing to automatically re-route errored contacts.
Note: Contacts with bad data (I.e. missing phone number, invalid number...) will not be recognized as an error in this step. Errors occurring while delivering messages from Twilio will continue to be logged in the message status field in the Twilio SMS CDO.
Routing Errors in Eloqua
If an application error causes an SMS not to be sent, the record will be errored in Eloqua and held in the Eloqua Cloud Action step as shown below.
Users can manually move specific contacts to another step on the campaigns canvas or you may configure the Cloud Action step to automatically route errored contacts to a specific step on the campaign canvas.
To configure an error path:
- Double Click on the Twilio SMS to open the configuration window
- Click the Routing tab
- Check the option "Automatically route contacts with errors from cloud app"
- Click the "Choose" button under "Choose a target step for contacts with errors:"
- Select the Destination Step for the Errored contact and click "Choose"
- Errored contacts will now automatically flow to the selected step on the campaign canvas
If you have any questions on how to configure these settings, details around errors, or what routing best fits your use case, please submit a support ticket or contact your Sureshot CSM.